Saturday, October 25, 2014

Reveal more network modes on Verizon phones

In the past two years or so, I only buy and use Verizon LTE phones for myself, because they are unlocked global phones that do both CDMA (EVDO) and GSM (WCDMA). You can use them in virtually anywhere on this planet.

By default, you can have only three selections:


If I leave a foreign SIM card in the phone and use Sprint or Verizon in USA without a LTE service, the phone keeps looking for LTE. Very annoying.

Is there a way to disable LTE or force CDMA only?

For Samsung phones, you can simply dial ##3282#:


If ##3282# does not work, then you need to edit the /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu and change "OFF" to "ON".

Although the latest ROMs still have this ##3283# menu, the phone seems ignore my selection. Furthermore, LG phones such as G2 and G3 do not have this hidden menu at all. Then we have to use Xposed, and I have found two modules, Intelli3G and GravityBox, tested to work on my G2:



No comments:

Post a Comment