- 2GB RAM and 16GB storage that can be expanded via MicroSD.
- 1280x800 bright and clear screen, non reflective, not the stupid 16:9.
- 5M front and rear cameras.
- Two front facing speakers, loud and clear.
- Unlock code provided, use it on T-Mobile and in other countries including China.
- FM radio, clean and good reception, timer off, but mono.
- Large battery that last for a day of heavy use and idle forever.
- Good GPS for offline or online navigation.
Fortunately not many garbages, and half of them can be easily disabled. For annoying notifications: press and hold on it, then click on the info icon and block it.
If Google stuff is a problem (such as in China), use noroot firewall to block them.
This function is hidden, but you can use it with WiFi Hotspot Pro.
It cannot do calls and texts in the way of normal smartphones do. The built-in dialer and SMS apps are modified, the NumberSync craps that are VoIP based. They are no different than Hangouts, except the CID is spoofed to that of an AT&T postpaid #.
You do can install the Android Messages and Dialer by Google. Then SMS will work like is on an ordinary phone. For the dialer, however, not much you can. You can only install the old RC8 versions because RC9 and newer cannot install on non-Google phones. For newer versions, you can find some hacked ones on XDA.
You still cannot make phone calls though, because some necessary libraries are crippled, like all other tablets sold in monopoly USA. You do can dial some secret codes, such as *#*#4636#*#*, then turn radio off to save battery:
Use Yandex, please, don't bother with all others! A truly full browser, plus the MS RDP, are what make a tablet a productive tool to leave your computer home.
If you don't use Google Play Store and Drive, disable their app links. Then Play Store and Drive links will be opened in Yandex.
Low light, normal light and front camera:
This article is written on this tablet. The built-in Gallery app is very handy for cropping and doodling photos.
No battery drain during idle under WiFi. Very little drain when LTE signal is poor: