I had a T-Mobile SIM in my S4 and sometimes used its LTE network. You know, I have switched to VO3G long ago and no longer use traditional voice service. Although I activated my S4 on PPC, I never used it after some initial tests. One day a SMS came in telling me that my PPC balance was low. Weird, how come the PPC SMS get in while I am using T-Mobile data?
So, I dialed 611, wow, it went to PPC's customer support line instead of T-Mobile's, as you see in above video.
This is great news for those who love PPC but wished for better data. Here is the steps to get the best of both worlds:
- Get a Verizon LTE phone. They are SIM unlocked, support both CDMA and GSM networks. Not all of them support T-Mobile's LTE though, but at least S4 does.
- Get PPC voice service on S4. You need to change S4 from UIM only to NV only and manually program it for PPC. Make a voice call to make sure it works on PPC.
- Get a T-Mobile SIM card and activate it, if you don't have one yet. My SIM is on prepaid. Insert it into S4.
- Set S4's preferred network mode to GSM/UMTS and add fast.t-mobile.com as APN. Make sure data works.
- Now set S4's preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA. Then it should get on T-Mobile's LTE data and, when you dial a #, it should go through PPC's CDMA.